Dr. Saurabh Ajit Deshpande
MBBS (Mumbai) MD (Medicine-Mumbai) DNB (Medicine)
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology,
Heart Failure and Pacing (Bangalore)
Dr. Saurabh Ajit Deshpande has done medical graduation (MBBS) from Topiwala National Medical College and B Y L Nair Charitable Hospital (Nair Hospital), Mumbai. He has done his postgraduate education in MD Medicine from Lokamanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and Hospital (Sion Hospital), Mumbai. Cardiology training as a medical subspecialty was done from Governement Medical College and Hospital, Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum Medical College). He specialized in Cardiac Electrophysiology, heart failure and pacing, from Sri Jayadeva Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences and Research, Bangalore.
Experience – 6 years
Comfortable communicating in – Marathi, Hindi, English, Malayalam, Kannada.
- Khanra D, Deshpande S, Mukherjee A, Mohan S, Khan H, Kathuria S, Kella D, Padmanabhan D. Rhythm Control of Persistent Atrial Fibrillation in Systolic Heart Failure: A Bayesian Network Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Int J Heart Fail. 2021;3:e16. https://doi.org/10.36628/ijhf.2021.0008
- Shenthar J, Banavalikar B, Valappil SP, Deshpande S, Nireshwalia A, Padmanabhan D, Reddy SS. Safety and Efficacy of Ibutilide for Acute Pharmacological Cardioversion of Rheumatic Atrial Fibrillation. Cardiology. 2021 Jul 15:1-9. doi: 10.1159/000516590. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34265762.
- Gupta PN, Pillai KKB, Kumar V, Bhole C, Deshpande S. Radial pseudoaneurysms – are they becoming more prevalent? Vasc Ds Mgmt July 2021.
- Deshpande SA, Sawatari H, Padmanabhan D, Krishanappa D, Chahal A. Comparison of Post-procedure Cardiac Tamponade in Coronary interventions and cardiac electrophysiological procedures. Heart Rhythm.18(8):S359. DOI: 10.1016/j.hrthm.2021.06.889.
- Khanra D, Hamid A, Deshpande SA, Abdulla A, Mukherjee A, Mohan S, Thomson J, Padmanabhan D, Petkar S, Ray IB. Meta-analysis comparing Outcomes of Higher Power Shorter Duration and Lower Power Longer Duration Radiofrequency Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation. Heart Rhythm.18(8):S137-S138. DOI: 10.1016/j.hrthm.2021.06.355.
- Sivagurunathan BV, Deshpande SA, Shenthar J, Banavalikar BN, Reddy S, Krishnappa D, Barthur A, Mehta RM, Parameshwaran RV, Padmanabhan D. Clinical Profile of Young Patients with Atrioventricular Conduction Blocks Requiring Permanent Pacing. Heart Rhythm.18(8):S437. DOI: 10.1016/j.hrthm.2021.06.1078
- Deshpande SA, Khanra D, Padmanabhan D, Banavalikar B, Krishnappa D, Reddy S, Shenthar J. Outcomes in Congenital and Childhood Complete Atrioventricular Block: A Meta-analysis. Heart Rhythm.18(8):S178. DOI: 10.1016/j.hrthm.2021.06.448
- Dibbendhu Khanra, Anindya Mukherjee, Saurabh Deshpande, Hassan Khan, Sanjeev Kathuria, Danesh Kella, Deepak Padmanabhan. A Network Meta-Analysis Comparing Osteoporotic Fracture among Different Direct Oral Anticoagulants and Vitamin K Antagonists in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation. jbm. 2021;28(2):139-150. Published online May 31, 2021. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11005/jbm.2021.28.2.139
- D Khanra, A Mukherjee, S Deshpande, D Padmanabhan, S Mohan, H Khan, D Kella, N Kathuria, Catheter ablation outscores all other treatment modalities in reducing all-cause mortality and heart failure related morbidity in patients of persistent atrial fibrillation with systolic heart failure, EP Europace, Volume 23, Issue Supplement_3, May 2021, euab116.217. https://doi.org/10.1093/europace/euab116.217
- Gupta PN, Velappan P, Kulkarni V, Deshpande SA, Varghese TA, Jacob SC. A novice’s approach to a ventricular septal rupture closure with an atrial septal device. MOJ Clin Med Case Rep. 2021;11(2):53‒58. DOI: 10.15406/mojcr.2021.11.00381
- Deshpande SA, Udyavar A. Egg-shell calcification in Pick’s Disease (chronic constrictive pericarditis). Radiology Case Reports. 2021;16(4):847-849. Doi: 10.1016/j.radcr.2021.01.042.
- Deshpande SA, Udyavar A. Atrial Tachycardia Misinterpreted as Ventricular High Rate event in a patient with sick-sinus disease and a DDD pacemaker. J Arrhythmia. 2021;00:1-2. Doi: 10.1002/joa3.12497.
- Deshpande SA, Kella D, Padmanabhan D. MRI in patients with Cardiac Implantable Electronic Devices: A Comprehensive Review. 2020;1-13. Doi: 10.1111/pace.14141.
- Deshpande SA, Udyavar A. Ablation of Atrioventricular-nodal-reentrant tachycardia in a patient with left sided superior vena cava and dilated coronary sinus. 2020;66(3):159-61.
- Reddy MV, Deshpande SA, Roul SK, Udyavar A. Successful use of venovenous snare to fix the wire in a collateral vein for proper placement of the left ventricular lead during cardiac resynchronization therapy: a case report. 2020;8(4):4:1-7. Doi: 10.1093/ehjcr/ytaa114.
- Roul SK, Kumar S, Reddy MV, Deshpande SA. Aggressive emergency interventional management in a case of intraoperative massive pulmonary embolism. 2020;10:40-2. Doi: 10.4103/JICC.JICC_53_19
- Deshpande SA, Koshy AG, Iype M, Viswanathan KS. Pericardial Constriction with Severe Mitral Regurgitation: An Uncommon Association. Journal of The Indian Academy of Echocardiography and Cardiovascular Imaging: 2020;4(1):53-57. Doi: 10.4103/jiae.jiae_21_19
- Sandeep S, Deepak P, Avinash C, Saurabh D. Strategies to reduce radiation exposure in electrophysiology and interventional cardiology. US Cardiology Review 2019;13(2):117-22. https://doi.org/10.15420/usc.2019.21.2.
- Deshpande SA, Udyavar AR. Atrial tachycardia from unusual site – left atrial appendage tachycardia: Challenges in ablation. J Postgrad Med 2020; 66:42-4.
- Reddy MV, Roul S, Deshpande SA. Perioperative myocardial infarction on a case of mitral valve replacement: Rare complication of a common procedure. J Indian Coll Cardiol. 2019; 9:3:177-180. DOI: 10.4103/JICC.JICC_33_19.
- Deshpande SA, Udyavar A. High Rate Episodes with Simultaneous Atrial and Ventricular activation in a Patient with Permanent Pacemaker Implantation for Complete Heart Block. HeartRhythm Case Reports DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hrcr.2019.10.013
- Deshpande SA, Udyavar A. Changing QRS duration and morphology with A-paced and A-sensed rhythm in post cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) patients. Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol. 2019;00:e12703.https ://doi.org/10.1111/anec.12703.
- Deshpande SA, Gupta PN, Viswanathan KS, Koshy AG, Radhakrishnan VV. Predictive Ability of Killip Class for in-hospital outcomes in primary angioplasty in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction. Indian Heart Journal. 2018;70.S35. DOI: 10.1016/j.ihj.2018.10.104.
- Singhal A, Gupta PN, Deshpande SA, Kumar RB. A rare Cystic Degeneration of myxoma. Journal of Indian College of Cardiology. 2017;7(2). Doi:10.1016/j.jicc.2016.11.050.
- Dr. Saurabh Ajit Deshpande, Dr. Keshav Kale, Dr. Nivedita D. Moulick: Clinico-histopathological correlation of Nephritic Syndrome in adults in urban population, IJHBR, Volume: 03, Issue: 02, January 2015, Pages 34-45. [Indexed with Index Copernicus]
- Saurabh Ajit Deshpande, Dr. Sunitha Deshpande, Dr. Sangeeta Amladi, Dr. Jayanthi Shastri: The Role of Mycological Investigations in the diagnosis of Pityriasis Versicolor and Seborrheic Dermatitis, IJBAMR, December 2014: Vol.-4, Issue- 1, P. 315-323. [Indexed with Index Copernicus]
- “Outcomes in Congenital and Childhood Complete Atrioventricular Block: A Meta-analysis” – for poster presentation at Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) Meet from 28th to 31st July 2020.
- “Comparison of post-procedure Cardiac Tamponade in Coronary Interventions and Cardiac Electrophysiological Procedures” – for poster presentation at Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) Meet from 28th to 31st July 2020.
- “Short QT Syndrome Masquerading as Seizure Disorder” – for Oral Presentation at Indian Heart Rhythm Society (IHRS) meet (virtual) – 2020
- “CRT-D in a case of Rate Related LBBB” – for Poster Presentation at Indian Heart Rhythm Society (IHRS) meet (virtual) – 2020
- “Safety and Efficacy of Ibutilide for Acute Pharmacological Cardioversion of Rheumatic Atrial Fibrillation/ Flutter” – for Poster Presentation at Indian Heart Rhythm Society (IHRS) meet (virtual) – 2020
- “An Interesting Case of Long RP Tachycardia” – for Poster Presentation at Annual Conference of Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society (APHRS) Meet (Virtual) – 2020
- “Comparison of Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Positron Emission Tomography with Computed Tomography Findings Among Inflammatory Cardiomyopathy Patients” – for Poster Presentation at Annual Conference of Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society (APHRS) Meet (Virtual) – 2020
- “Outcomes in Congenital Complete Atrioventricular Block: A Metanalysis” – for Poster Presentation at Annual Conference of Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society (APHRS) Meet (Virtual) – 2020
- “Comparison of Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Positron Emission Tomography with Computed Tomography Findings Among Inflammatory Cardiomyopathy Patients” – for Poster Presentation, Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) Meet from 6th to 9th May 2020.
- “Changing QRS duration and morphology with an A-paced and A-sensed rhythm in post Cardiac-Resynchronization-Therapy (CRT) patient” – for poster presentation at Annual Conference of Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society (APHRS) Meet from 24th to 27th October 2019, at Bangkok, Thailand.
- “Atrial Tachycardia masquerading as high ventricular rate event in a patient with sick sinus disease with a DDD Pacemaker” – for poster presentation at Annual Conference of Asia Pacific Heart Rhythm Society (APHRS) Meet from 24th to 27th October 2019, at Bangkok, Thailand.
- 3rd Prize in KHRS Young Scholar Quiz Competition, at 7th annual conference of Kerala Heart Rhythm Society, held on 1st and 2nd April 2017, at Calicut, Kerala
- 1st Prize in Cardiology Quiz, at Annual Conference of Interventional Cardiology Council of Kerala, held on 5th and 6th August 2017 at Bekal, Kerala.
- 1st Prize in Echocardiography Quiz at Indian Academy of Echocardiography – Kerala Chapter, held on 18th Feb 2018 at Calicut, Kerala.
- 1st Prize at Cardiology Quiz at Intensive Case Review – Kerala, held on 17th & 18th March 2018, at Trivandrum, Kerala.
- 1st Prize in Electrophysiology Quiz at Kerala Heart Rhythm Society meet 2018 held on 7th and 8th April 2018, at Kochi, Kerala.
- 1st in university in the course – Cardiac Electrophysiology in Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore in the year 2021.